Thursday, March 20, 2008

post secret

I was in a bookstore the other night, and came across the book “Post Secret.” I couldn’t resist sitting down right there in the aisle and paging through it. Although I had seen it before, I had forgotten how fascinating it was. It is an artistic book that was started as a community art project in which people write their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard and mail them to "post secret," with an address in Maryland. It has been an ongoing project ever since it began in 2005, with new postcards recieved every day. People disclose all sorts of secrets: some easy to understand or relate to, and some not. One of my favorites said something like, “Sometimes I steal little things from my friends’ houses so I can hang them up and be reminded of how much I love them.” (I don’t steal things from my friends, but I thought that was so sweet! :)
I discovered there is a blogsite for Post Secret that is updated once a week. I added it to my links~ check it out!

No comments: