Sunday, August 3, 2008

carols at 5 am

My job is a riot. This morning I went to visit a nurse on another unit I worked on last week. Somehow, we both ended up in his patient’s room, where his patient proceeded to ask me my favorite christmas carol, and before I could answer, he was standing up; his arms raised and eyes closed, and belting out “Amazing Grace” and “Silent Night” so loudly that the other nurses asked what was going on when we finally left the room 20 minutes later. Never mind that it was 5 am. I laughed so hard I cried. We clapped when he finished and told him how beautiful his voice was. I told him I had better get back to my patients upstairs, but thanked him for his entertainment. “What a shame...” he said, sadly. I thought so too. That was the highlight of my night. ;)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Christmas in AUGUST...Thats FUN......Mom