Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK

"The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"

“Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.”

"I decided early to give my life to something eternal and absolute. Not to these little gods that are here today and gone tomorrow, but to God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Martin Luther King, Jr 1929–1968

2 comments:

Zach and Amanda said...

Great thought for the day! Thanks!

the Skips said...

Once again i am wanting to copy your entry. Can i please just hire you to write my blog for me??? You are awesome. When can you come down this week? Tomorrow or WEdnesday???