Friday, April 24, 2009

42.2km

My dear friend Pip and I have been training for the Canberra Marathon these past few months. Ever since we finished our first one last June, we have been hooked on this crazy running adventure- which is exhausting, exhilarating, and everything in between. Once again, during this race I wondered why exactly I do this-- but yet again, it was a fleeting thought which disappeared after a few minutes, and was gone completely after I crossed the line.
I didn't run as fast as I had wanted to- but I was filled with joy in the process of running this race. It was so much fun! Feeling the breeze. Energized by the crowd. Refreshed by water and cool sponges. Ready to fall over in fatigue. But just as ready to keep running and cross the line. What a blast! And now, just another reason to keep going...



No comments: