Wednesday, April 21, 2010

on the way -part 2

I am just another traveler in this little piece of time
I’m a drifter, I’m a seeker, waking to this thing called life

And I struggle like a baby for each little step I take
I’M LEARNING HOW TO WALK, on the way…

I am losing the familiar
I’m not sure of anything
Every new day, it’s a new world that’s quick to steal my dreams
But the path of least of resistance wasn’t meant for me to take
I’M LEARNING WHO I AM, on the way…

Still I fall and You reach
I am foolish,
So You teach
I wander but You stay
By my side on the way

This is not what I expected
It’s not everything I planned
But there’s beauty in this mystery I don’t have to understand
But I just have to keep on moving, not with vision, but with FAITH
I’M LEARNING HOW TO SEE, on the way

So I feel these blessed burdens, and these weights upon my feet
No one said it would be easy, or that I’d ever find my peace
But I’m moving with assurance through these fears and sweet mistakes
I’M LEARNING HOW TO LIVE, on the way…

On the Way, Elizabeth Hunnicutt


I blogged about this song awhile ago, but I can't help but post it again- THIS is my life.
these lyrics so clearly state the place I am in.

I struggle like a baby.
I'm learning how to walk.
I'm not sure of anything.
I just have to keep on moving (not with vision but with faith)
There's beauty in this mystery I don't have to understand.
I'm learning how to see.
I'm learning who I am.
I'm learning how to live.
I wander but You stay (by my side) on the way

I am so grateful someone could put my emotions to words and music!
(check out this song here)

No comments: