Wednesday, February 9, 2011

life these days

I have wanted to write for over a week. I don’t really have inspiration to write, but I will try anyway. I have moved; again. My third big move in the past year, even if this time it is back the city I first moved to, and within the same country. What a crazy past year it’s been. I was looking at pictures on my camera and recalled that during this week last year I was at the ocean one day, the next day skiing in the mountains~ and now, I am here in Asia. That ocean is far away, and instead I am surrounded by dry dusty plains, gravel roads, palm trees, and open fields. On an evening run I see the hazy pink sun going down, and I get love from giggling children who run after me barefoot until they tire. I no longer breathe in the congestion of the city streets, instead it’s the dust of the country roads. But I will take it!

It has been a pretty good past two weeks. Jesus is reminding me what dependence on Him really means and what it looks like. I feel like there isn’t much I am capable of without Him.

I still don’t know much about what life will look like here as the weeks and months go on. But for today, it looks like getting to meet with a few Cambodian teachers who are really excited to study English. Spending an hour reading a few pages of a book, because I am a slow reader. Meeting lots of new people. Playing ping-pong with some really eager to learn young women. Learning my way around; again. Learning how to drive a motorbike. Meeting the (new!) neighbor kids. Finding the market; again. Finding new places to run. Learning some new medical words in Khmer. Learning my way around a new clinic, and even getting to practice some old skills like giving IM injections!

Looking forward to see what the Lord has in mind for this next chapter of life in Cambodia…

3 comments:

Steph said...

Me too. I'm looking forward to what He does have in store for you in Cambodia. Doesn't it often seem our responsibility is just to be prepared…and you are preparing, language-relationships-the MOST important relationship. You are where you're supposed to be. :) Love you!

the Skips said...

Praising God for you!
love you so much, Gretch!!!!!
jen

pip said...

"Looking forward to see what the Lord has in mind for this next chapter of life in Cambodia…" Looking forward to see what the big guy has in mind for you too!!