Tuesday, May 17, 2011

caught; running (forward)

the air hits me cold
my senses are alive
with the newness of
this time
this day
this step

my feet, numb. heavy. clumsy.
beat on the uneven path
worn away by the footprints
of all who have run before
and by the rain of yesterday
as the rocks protrude
smooth and flat
large and sharp
they threaten to ruin my steps forward
but on I move
up the hills, through the rocks
further along

I am caught
between the rains of yesterday
which have drowned my path
the rocks which threaten to destroy my footing

and the canopy of new life overhead
glowing green details dancing in the wind
the blue brightness tries to take over the gray
puffy white mixes with vibrant beams
that light up the water under my feet like a mirror
each step catches my breath
as I wipe the sweat
yet fly faster, now downhill
aware of my steps
and how pieces of the canopy have fallen like confetti

under my feet
pieces of light
decorate the dark muddy path
as my steps go on, slapping the water

the damp dead of yesterday
has been overcome by new life falling down from overhead
and my pace
now light and quick,
finds glory in this place
where I am
caught.

No comments: