Monday, November 26, 2007

invisible

I see you
when I look at you I see
a gifted woman
a crazy spirit
talent and gifts
as obvious as the smile on your face

you love
to laugh
to help
to care

your excitement
makes me excited
your smile
brings a smile to my face

but what you see is different

your pain may be invisible to those who share your life
but it's as real to you as your imperfect reflection in the mirror

what is it that you long for? what are you missing?
worth love understanding to be noticed worth perfection
control beauty love something different love understanding
belonging family a different body worth love beauty
understanding a prettier face to feel better?

I want you to know that I see you
your silent pain
that screams at you
screams at me
even though I can't understand

I can't give you any of these things
you are missing
but I see you
and you are not invisible to me.

No comments: