Monday, December 22, 2008

snowed in day 2- cross training

I was DETERMINED to work out today, and I didn't want to take the bus to the gym. I can't drive because my car is covered with ice and there are drifts in the streets...so I dug out my snowshoes and boots, found my ski pants and a vest, put on some gloves and my ipod, and went out to explore the streets on foot! I don't think this has been done on Portland streets by many people before. I even caught a cute older woman taking a picture of me when she thought I didn't notice. But although I felt a little silly when I left my house, after traipsing a few blocks, I spotted a woman coming towards me on skis! It was awesome. I wish the news people were out- seriously a woman on skis and another on snowshoes on the same neighborhood street is SO enough to make the news -at least here! I think this is one of the most unusal winters Portland has ever had! And the snow is still coming down...

2 comments:

Oriana Zens said...

you are so funny.
snowshoes? really?

the Skips said...

hilarious about the lady taking pictures of you!