Sunday, December 21, 2008

snowed in!

The temperature difference between where I lived last December and this December is about 70 degrees....YIKES! Portland is known for mild winters- and NOT for snow- but this winter has been crazy! I am currently stranded in my apartment, and there are SNOW DRIFTS outside my window!! I am skipping my running workout tomorrow to snowshoe at the park instead! I decided this morning after I finished running in this winter wonderland (imagine cold air, fresh tracks on 2 inches of light clean snow, no traffic, and the sun just coming up... ;) that you haven't LIVED until you have experienced winter snow! It is BeAuTiFuL!!

2 comments:

pip said...

Sounds amazing!! Resolved: one day I will go on a REAL winter holiday to run, snowshoe, skate outside, snowboard... and drink lots of hot chocolate : )

gretchen said...

ok..but I'm coming too!!