Tuesday, December 2, 2008

tribute to banya





I found out today that yesterday one of my precious little girls went home to be with Jesus. Banya was about 3 years old, and she was HIV+. Ironically, this is not what took her life. I'm sure she was off playing and being her sweet, mischievous self, and she drowned in a nearby pond. She leaves behind her mom, Sitow, who is one of the sweetest women I met while in Cambodia. She also lives with AIDS. She has now lost both of her children as well as her husband. I'm praying for her today; that she would not feel responsible, but know her daughter is being cared for in the BEST way- and that she will herself be cared for by those around her and her loving Father in heaven. I'll miss you, Banya!

5 comments:

Tim said...

Gretchen,

I know that this is tragic and horrible accident. With the time you committed to people's hearts, I'm sure this wieghs on your heart as well.

I have been present at too many of these situations. Your words & the pictures awaken within me difficult memories.

If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

In light of that, Gretchen, please know that this family, this child and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

She is beautiful.

Tim
Tmkaye@gmail.com

gretchen said...

thanks tim~ and thanks for reading my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

My... what a sad story I wish you could talk to that mom now,you could be of comfort to her. Mom

Oriana Zens said...

oh. my.
i'm really sorry gretch...
she is such an adorable little girL.
i remember you talking about Sitow -- you spent alot of time with her, didn't you? i can't imagine - BOTH of your children and husband?
praying for her strength & dependance on God in this time.

the Skips said...

praying for that sweet momma. love your heart gretch!