Wednesday, July 8, 2009

life in pictures

In looking through my friends’ photo blogs, I have admired the way they simply but beautifully tell the stories of their lives. Minimal words, mostly pictures. Simple; but raw, genuine, and real. Vulnerable at times. Funny and lighthearted in others. Overall, I just love the way that a photo a day tells the story of life. I’m starting the project. I'm taking a picture every day for a year. I want to be intentional in my vision. I want to embrace moments and live aware of even the simple things. I am not going to go out of my way to take pictures of special or exotic things- I only want to document the things of my normal day-to-day life. I named it life in pictures on my links.

4 comments:

Zach and Amanda said...

Fabulous! I love the idea..I love following Annie's as well. Beautiful shots so far!

Missed you Tuesday.

maistreview said...

Yay Gretch! You'll love it. I miss mine so much that I've started taking photos again, and I intend to start mine back up (though not every single day). But it's so great to look back on, and it really does make an ordinary day memorable...and isn't that what life should be about? Have fun with your project!
Britta

gretchen said...

b- you were my first inspiration!!! thanks for your encouragement ;) i do keep looking at yours, too, btw...and keep waiting for new photos! love you!

Thai Dave said...

Hey Gretchen, I took a look at some of your photos. Very very cool. If I owned a camera I might consider doing the same dang thang.