Thursday, November 12, 2009

He is near

“If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.” –Robert Murray M’Cheyne

In the last week and a half, I have felt battered by tactics of the enemy, and acutely aware of just how much I need Jesus in my life as I move forward. This week I am in training with others from around the country who are being sent around the world. We go with the message of hope found in Jesus. I know how much I need Him, but I don’t always live this way. This week, after hearing story upon story, I remember again. I am about to go on a journey that is clearly not something I can do on my own.

This morning we reflected on John 17. Our leader had us choose from three different verses in this chapter; all prayers of Jesus for us- and to make them personal. I was drawn to this:

“Father, I do not ask You to take (her) out of the world, but to keep (her) safe from the evil one. “ (from John 17:15)

I can rejoice and move forward because of Jesus; who has overcome evil on all levels, who prays for me, and who IS nearer to me than the next room.

If you read my blog and want to know more about my journey meeting Jesus in Cambodia, please write a comment!

2 comments:

the Skips said...

oh how i love you girl. i am praying for you!!!!!!!!! cannot wait to hear about your experience in Florida! it seems God has you right where He wants you...sweetly broken and in total dependence. a sweet place to be. if only all of us could be in that place all the time! Oh How our mighty GOd is working in you and through you! LOVE YOU!!!

Mom said...

Beautiful!!!!