Sunday, October 30, 2011

a "God" issue

This evening I went for a run, and listened to a podcast that somehow made it on to my ipod, although truthfully I don't remember how. It was from pastor David Platt, and titled "The Child Yet Unborn."

My true confession for today is that I don't know why I would have chosen to download this message, or even really how it got on my computer. I would not have called myself "pro-choice"; but very honestly, abortion wasn't one of the issues that broke my heart each time I thought about it. Truthfully it was a subject that made me cringe. It frustrated me how much of a political issue it had become, and how people are being senselessly killed and ignored around the world everyday; yet it seemed as though the "pro-life" activists didn't notice or care about these other lives that were out of sight. I always thought, 'What about these people [like the ones I am in contact with every day] that it feels like the world has forgotten? Why aren't we equally fighting for them??'

And I pray I will remain sensitive; to these and to ALL life.

But tonight my eyes were opened again to the sovereignty and majesty and the HEART of the God who created the world, and each one of us. He is SO good, SO mighty, and SO worthy of our praise and humility.

Please take the time to listen to the words [God's Words] which He used to change my heart, open my eyes, and make me weep tonight. Be challenged, convicted, and transformed by God's Word and His deep love for each of us.

The Child Yet Unborn 7/3/11 [#17]

No comments: